In Class: Continued States of Consciousness: Sleep and Altered States
Quarter Two Binder Table of Contents (Binder due day of your class period's final exam):
AP Psych Quarter Two Table of Contents:
1. AP MC Practice Exam #2 10/16
2. FRQ Analysis: 2018 #1 10/16
3. Research Methods Unit Vocab. Packet 10/16
4. REsearch Methods Reading/Lecture Notes 10/16
5. Neural Communication Play-Doh Handout 10/18
6. Neurotransmitter 'Scramble' 10/22
7. Bio. Review Stations Answers 10/26
8. 'Nova: Secrets of the Mind' Video Guide 10/30
9. Bio Bases of Behavior Unit Vocab. 11/1
10. Bio Bases Reading/Lecture Notes 11/1
11. Evolutionary Psych Web Assignment 11/5
12. 'The Secret Life of a Baby's Brain' Video Questions 11/7
13. Adolescence Readings Analysis Questions/3 Main Debates 11/8
14. FRQ Analysis: 2017 #2 11/9
15. Parenting and Attachment Styles Formative Intro Classwork 11/13
16. Piaget Practice Documents 11/26
17. 'Secret of the Wild Child' Viewing Questions 11/27
18. Genie Reading/Article and Analysis Questions 11/28
19. Language Development Round Robin Discussion Questions/Responses 11/29
20. Discovering Psychology: The Developing Child Video Questions 11/30
21. Discovering Psychology: Maturing and Aging Video Questions 11/30
22. Evolutionary Psych/Development Unit Vocab. Packet 11/30
23. Scientific American Article and Responses: Circadian Rhythms 12/3
24. Crash Course Viewing Guides: Sleep and Altered States of Consciousness 12/4
25. 'The Lost Hour' Article and Responses 12/5
Began PPT for States of Consciousness: Sleep (to be attached)
Sleep Debt 'Survey' Starting Point found here:
'The Lost Hour' with questions (write responses out to include in Q2 binder): see files below
Viewed the first two episodes of Crash Course Psychology for your current unit on States of Consciousness found here with video guide/questions found using link to Google Doc below:
Classes are to go to MML to read Scientific American Mind article and answer questions attached. Print the article at home to include in Q2 binder; responses to questions can be written on binder paper to include in binder as well.
*Students are to have read whole unit in Myers textbook on States of Consciousness by Friday, December 14th*
Students are to view the two episodes of 'Discovering Psychology' relating to Development (first episode is about children, second about adulthood). Video guides for both are attached; each episode is about 25 minutes long so they'll need to finish episode two on their own this weekend.
Child Development video here: http://www.learner.org/series/discoveringpsychology/05/e05expand.html
Adulthood video here:
Have students use the first 15-20 minutes of class write their answers to the questions on a sheet of binder paper. Then, they are to select a partner to discuss their responses to Question One for five minutes (have the sub keep the time for each 'round'); partner one shares and then partner two and they can respond to one another's analysis. After that round is over, have each partner move on and select a new partner to discuss Question Two with, again for five minutes. Each of the five questions will get the same routine--new partner, five minutes of sharing/discussion between them, then move on to the next. Have each partner jot down their partner's responses below theirs on their papers. Have students save all written responses for their Quarter Two binders.
AP PSYCH QUESTIONS TO ANSWER/DISCUSS WITH PARTNERS:
See below for article on Genie and discussion questions to answer (either print it or write responses on another sheet of paper). You should be responding thoroughly, thoughtfully, and use complete sentences for each question as you answer.
Welcome to AP Psychology!